Most of the people around the world use gmail for their sending their mails, google mail is one of the most reliable and trusted mail service. This article will focus on Gmail and its features of recovering the deleted emails. It is a very common mistake that most of the people make while scrolling through their inbox feed and google is well aware of it, so it provides facilities to retrieve the deleted mails.
This article will help you in learning how to recover permanently deleted emails from gmail, you can follow the different methods to recover your mails easily. After deleting, the mail content goes into the trash can and remains there for at least 30 days and can be recovered easily till then. This article will explain you how to retrieve the mail from trash can and also what to do in case the mail is permanently deleted.
How to Recover Deleted Emails on Gmail
Sometimes you delete the mails which are not of any use on purpose and most of the times the mails get deleted accidentally. This happens a lot of times by a lot of people and so this article will provide you various ways in which you can retrieve your mail. Just like the deleted files in your computer are stored in the recycle bin, similarly, when any of your mail is deleted, it is then stored in the trash can. The deleted mail can be easily restored form the trash can within 30 days, after that it is automatically erased from the storage and you need to contact the Google mail support team.
Know Here: How to End an Email Message
There are a lot of ways in which the deleted mail can be recovered. After your mail gets deleted you might think that is it possible to recover permanently deleted emails from gmail? The answer to this question is yes the permanently deleted mails can be recovered and the various methods to do that are given below, check out all the methods and recover your mails easily.
Recover the Mails From Gmail Trash Can
As already mentioned above, the mails when gets deleted are stored in the trash can for 30 days and within this time period it can be restored. Below given are some steps which will help you in retrieving the mails from the trash:
- Open your Gmail account by logging in.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see some options, along with them there will be a trash tag just below the spam folder tag.
- If you are unable to see the trash tag, then click on “more” button with a drop down arrow. The hidden list will appear and you will be able to see the trash button easily.
- Open the trash button and click on the mail that you want to restore, and click on the move to button at the top of window and then move it to inbox folder. Your message will be restored in your inbox and you can then view it.
Recover the Mails From Spam Folder
Spam folder stores all the mails that can possibly be related to the fraudulent cases and so the google mail stores some mails in spam folders using some keywords. So, sometimes you might not be able to view some of the important messages, it is best to check your spam folders for that message. Below check out the steps to check your spam folders.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- At the left side of the screen there will be a spam folder option in the list. As mentioned in the above paragraph, click on “more” button if you are unable to find the spam folder.
- Click on the spam folder if you find it, and then search for the particular message that you’ve been looking for.
- After finding your message, click on the message and then move it to inbox. You can also select the messages that you do not want in your spam and then click on ‘Not spam’ button at the top.
Recover Mails With the Help of Google Support Team
You might have a question now, and it would be that what should be done in case you can’t find your message in the spam and trash folder. What if you want to restore your message after 30 days of its deletion, as the mail is gone after 30 days from the trash folder. In this case, you need to take help from the google support team and if its possible you can recover your mail with their help easily. Let us have a look at the steps to contact the google support team for help:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Then click on the link given here, this link will take you directly to the google help.
- Fill the necessary details asked in the form and then click on the continue button.
- The google support will look into the deleted mails and if possible will provide you some of the deleted mails, this method doesn’t always works so be prepared for that too.
- The process will take nearly 30 mins to look for the missing mail and will reply with either a positive or a negative message.
There a lot of methods on how to recover deleted emails from gmail and the most important and the working methods have been described in the above paragraph. These methods may not always be successful in finding your lost mails, but can sometimes give better results which could be helpful. So, this could be your last chance in finding the lost mails and you should take it despite of the result it provides.
If you’ve found any error in the article above or or if you are unable to understand some points, then please comment below to let us know the problem. We will surely help you in all the possible ways that we can, so stay connected and comment below.